Friday 21 February 2014

today I am wearing...

It's a cracker of a day again. Hot, humid (thank God for talc between the legs to ease a sweaty gusset!) a big blue sky and sunny. 

I swam in the pool this morning and had a moment of quiet gratitude (are you getting ready to stick your finger down your throat?). It struck me that I actually have everything I want and that anything else is really just a bonus. I know this contentment won't last for long and is probably just my hormones releasing happy vibes, but it is true. I have a happy marriage, my husband is still fit and the same size he was when we married, I have two healthy, happy kids, I get a ridiculous amount of joy from my two fat cats, we have a boat, a nice house near the sea and live in one of the best countries in the world, in a place where the sun shines almost ever day of the year. I have a lovely group of honest girlfriends and a wardrobe full of gorgeous dresses and shoes (including my beloved Louboutins!!!). Yes, I could have a bigger house on the seafront with a bigger pool, designer furniture and newer, trendier cars, but the truth is, I don't need it. I'm happy. Yes it would be nice, but as I said, we do actually have everything that we set out to have when we left London and moved here. 

So for this glorious day, I am wearing as little as possible. It's too hot for clothes. This is an old Primark beach dress from years ago, with a pretty green flowery Gilly Hicks bra and my glass beads.

Have a wonderful weekend people!

Primark UK dress, Gilly Hicks bra, glass beads

No comments:

Post a Comment